Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tianjin Dogs now OK
The dogs rescued by activists some weeks ago in Tianjin, are all doing quite well. Some dogs have suffered greatly, from their treatment before the activists took them and began to give them veterinary care and food.
Their period of quarantine is over, and they are to be released to Rescues (not given back to the meat traders.) Also no dogs were hurt in the recent explosion in Tianjin.

It doesn't mention about it on that page, but if that has happened, it's possible some of the dogs who were stolen, have been released now to their human families....

Update here:

https://notodogmeat.wordpress.com/2015/0...ck-rescue/
Thank-you for the update. It is good to know that they are doing better. Some of them looked quite ill when they were rescued.

I hope those that could be identified have been returned to their homes. It will be wonderful when they all have good happy homes and they can leave their horrible experiences behind them.

I am so glad no dogs were hurt in the explosion. I wondered when I heard about it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Unrelated to the Tianjin meat trade rescue, Tianjin is also the place where Mrs Yang lives with her dogs. I looked for news about whether they were okay. I heard no bad news, so gather that she is also all right.
The explosions happened in the docks area, and Tianjin is a large city (I thought it was a little village some time ago!) So depending on wind direction at the time and nearness to the blasts, many will not have been affected.
I am glad Mrs. Yang was not hurt. I got the impression that she lived on the edge of town. She did not look like she was near the water.

I hope Mrs. Yang is getting the help she needs to look after so many dogs.
Catherine

There is a lot of trouble going on online about whether Mrs Yang is being given enough of the money donated to her cause (over £74.000) and whether she is being given the help promised.....
There is a lot of squabbling and upset about it. I do not understand, as it is all so complicated, and 'political', involving new people all the time, so I can't keep up with it. Aspersions are being cast on the charity set to help her....while those in the charity are saying they have done no wrong....
A petiton is up now for authorities to investigate the charity, but they say all is well. If they have nothing to hide, I am sure good will prevail.
I can imagine that dealing with money transfers to a communist state is not as straightforward as we think. I can also imagine that getting practical help out there is not straightforward either.
I personally, am willing not to make harsh judgements, and to see what happens.
I would think that getting the authorities involved is the worst thing they could do.

I am sure it is not a simple situation. Even here you can't just send money. You have to be careful how you fundraise. There must be a lot of rules about banking and money transfer where Mrs. Yang is. I know if you move too much money at once here, it raises red flags and gets things investigated. They must have to send help in certain ways.

Unless we are there we should be patient and let the people who are there do what they can in whatever way seems best.

Sometimes you have to trust people.
Catherine