Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guinea Pig update. NOW WITH PHOTOS!!
Marigold is a treasure. When I think of the frightened new mum that first came to live with us, and then look at her now, I marvel at how relaxed and at home she is.
Last night I dozed off to sleep in my usual chair beside the pen. My arm was up against the mesh. I was woken up at supper time by Marigold gently nibbling my arm. She was very patient, but persistent!!
She has become a very self possessed little creature, knowing her place in the social order (most definitely at the top!!) and feeling able to give me instructions when she thinks it necessary.

Goldie has slotted right in, and she and Marigold are firm friends. they sleep overnight in whichever spot takes their fancy, and Goldie likes Marigold to be there when she eats. Just a couple of days ago I brought in the breakfast and both Marigold and Goldie were asleep in a box. It was unusual that they didn't wake when I came in and I was a little aprehensive in case they had both gone. Goldie eventually woke up, came to see what was what, and then went back to wake Marigold. She wheeked and wheeked until Marigold woke up and then they both enjoyed their leaves together!!
Goldie also naps during the day with Ruby and Cecil too, but overnight it is always Marigold.

I have said it before but I think it bears repeating. I feel our lives would be the poorer without the piggies and I, personally, have benefitted from their cheerful presence during this year.
Our pets fill a hole that maybe we were unaware of before we had them.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
Guinea Pig update. NOW WITH PHOTOS!! - by Cibach - 08-22-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Guinea Pig update - by Catherine - 08-23-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: Guinea Pig update - by Cibach - 09-06-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: Guinea Pig update. NOW WITH PHOTOS!! - by LPC - 09-07-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Guinea Pig update. NOW WITH PHOTOS!! - by Cibach - 09-10-2015, 06:47 PM