Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have lost little Flora
Flora is the little female guinea pig who was found wandering outside two years ago. She has been living with Murray my big boar guinea pig. They have been really happy together.

Sadly she has been looking weaker and more frail lately. She stopped eating and I was feeding her, but I don't think it made a difference. When I went to check on them she was gone. I guess her heart gave out. It is hard for Murray. All day I have been home and talking to him and keeping him company. So often when I looked at him he was just starring. He has such a sad look on his face and he eats so little.

Flora was a shy little girl.
[Image: IMG_0575.JPG]
She was fragile and uncertain.
[Image: IMG_0577.JPG]
She blossomed with time and seemed more settled.
[Image: IMG_0241.JPG]
She did love the pillows.
[Image: IMG_0033.JPG]
It is when Murray started joining her that she relaxed. Yes that is a hamster. My last hamster used to visit her.
[Image: IMG_9942.JPG]
They became quite close.
[Image: IMG_0356.JPG]
She was a pretty little girl and I think Murray and I both agree, she will be missed.
[Image: IMG_0353.JPG]

I am just glad I brought her lots of special treats and spoiled her for the time she had with me. However her life started out, she found peace and happiness with me and my piggies.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Rest peacefully, dearest Flora.
However her life began, it ended filled with love and kindness.
Hugs to you and your piggies (especially Murray) from all of us here, (piggies and humans).
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Sorry to hear about yours and Murray's loss. It sounds like you did the best for her and that's all we can do with our animal friends. x
Aww! Dear little Flora. Run free, sweet girl. There are beautiful fields across the Rainbow Bridge and you will be happy there foraging around and meeting all sorts of friends, while you wait for your Mum to join you one day!

She had a good life, taken into your large loving family. I am sure she knew that, and that she was eventually safe after a hard start to life.

I am sorry for Murray now. He must miss her very much. I hope she returns to him now and again to say hello, maybe when he dreams....

Blessings to little Flora, and I am very sorry for your loss, and Murray's loss.
Thank-you everyone. You are all very kind. I will pass on you kind wishes to Murray(in the form of hugs and fruit of course)

It is very quiet without Flora. For a tiny little girl she had a large personality. However and why ever she ended up in the park, she found a forever home and security with my piggie family.

I hope Lambert was there to great her and introduce her to Pigbert and the rest of my herd who have gone on ahead of me. The image of Flora and Rosie together is just too funny. They were both little girls who had a lot to say. They were both dumped by their people and found their way to my place where they became the resident character.
I miss them both.HeartI miss them all. Heart But it has been a joy to share my life with so many sweet piggies.
Catherine

Sweet little Flora ended up in the park that day because she was meant to be with you as were all her other piggie mates, past present and future.
There's a reason people like yourself exist, Catherine. To take care of all the little creatures in the world who have been abandoned and neglected.
You are a rare breed and one of the most special.
Enjoy your new life at the "Bridge" little flora!!
I know you will miss her so much. She was a special little lady.
Take comfort in the fact you will all be reunited one day, and next time it will be forever!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Thank-you for your kind words. I do seem to be in the right place at the right time for some little creatures. I have always felt they were meant to be part of my life. They give as much to me as I give to them.
Flora was a little blossom in our lives, but like the sweetest flowers they bloom so briefly.

I have a whole herd of piggies waiting for me on the other side of the rainbow bridge. It should be quite a party. It is already a party for Flora. It is always hard to lose them, but when I take in special pets like Flora, I know that I will not have them long. That is the price of taking in the older strays. It is totally worth it, but it is sad that I can't give them more time.
Catherine