Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greyhound racing update
It seems that the horror of live baiting is just the tip of the iceberg.

Many of the other practices are even worse or equally as horrible.
Can an industry that is so full of horror and animal abuse even survive. Should it survive.
Look at the article and tell me what you think.
http://www.animalsaustralia.org/features...a_s=e-mail

I think greyhound racing should go the way of Gadhimai. It's time to end it. There is no way to fix something that has cruelty built into it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is really very shocking. It's not something I have given a great deal of thought to in the past, but this has given me a jolt.
Being a dog lover I find it hard to comprehend this level of cruelty to the dogs and all the other creatures involved.
I wonder if these cruel practises take place everywhere in the world.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I see enough animal abuse on my twitter feed so I won't click you link Catherine! Of course I do condone any form of abuse and it needs to stop.
I agree that greyhound racing should be banned.
Until fairly recently, I had no idea these dreadful things went on.
It is time for us to stop this.
We would have to do a search, but I doubt the greyhound racing industry is that different from one country to the next.

I think the live baiting is common even if they say it is not.

I know the practice of culling puppies is pretty standard. Have you ever seen anyone with a greyhound puppy as a pet? With the numbers of puppies born there should be some sold as pets. I have never seen or heard of one.

Many retired racers are discarded. There are some racing greyhound rescues, but again there are not enough dogs around to compare with the number of dogs that are being raced.

I think it is built into the racing industry and there is no way to stop the cruelty without stopping the source of the cruelty...Racing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine