Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Healing Power of Snakes
I saw this on a Twitter page! (I am sure he won't mind me putting it here. Smiley4 )

I knew Catherine would find this interesting, and many others who love snakes and reptiles. It's about the healing power of snakes etc:

http://www.animalreikisource.com/animal-...and-snakes

I must just say that the 2 snakes I spent some time with years ago (Both Boas) showed me there is something in this. While I was with them, there was such a tremendously peaceful atmosphere, like I was fully aware and awake, but resting inside somehow.....
I find there is something very peaceful about snakes.
They are calm creatures and I can see how they would bring someone the calmness that healing requires. Much of healing comes from within us. Our own bodies do the healing.
I can see how snakes could be a part of it.

We need the whole world to change its perspective on snakes. They are a positive animal and for the most part really benefit us.

The lightning/dragon images are powerful No wonder she has been able to heal from cancer.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes I remember reading this a few days ago. It makes me think what do some creatures do that just hang about for hours on end? Like spiders and snakes. They must be meditating or something!
I have been talking to reptile owners and we all agree that snakes are very peaceful. They do spend long hours just sitting quietly.
You are right, spiders are the same.

They both are peaceful so you have to wonder what they are doing. Meditating, maybe.

A lot of the lizards are peaceful too.
Catherine

Whilst us humans seem to cram more and more into our lives! I thought smartphones and the web were here to make our lives easier but we just seem to end up doing more, being stimulated constantly. I find even just 5 mins meditation at the end of the day is very beneficial.
I find some time with a calm snake seems to help. I ride buses and streetcars and subway trains with crowds of strangers. Some quiet time with a peaceful group of snakes really helps me leave all that behind at the door.

So my snakes work to heal me on some level.
Catherine

The concept of the Healing Power of Snakes is rooted in traditional medicine and folklore. It suggests that snakes possess various therapeutic benefits. Snakes have played a significant role in the cultural and spiritual beliefs of many societies throughout history, often associated with healing and transformation.

Snake venom, despite its potentially deadly nature, has been utilized in certain medicinal practices. Some snake venoms contain compounds that have therapeutic properties. For instance, certain snake venoms have peptides that can inhibit blood clotting, leading to the development of anticoagulant medications.

In traditional medicine, snake venom has been used in small doses to treat certain conditions. This practice, known as venom therapy or snake venom therapy, involves controlled exposure to snake venom to stimulate the body's immune response and potentially address various ailments. However, it's important to note that venom therapy is controversial and not widely accepted in modern medical practice.

Aside from venom therapy, snakes have been revered for their symbolic and spiritual significance in numerous cultures. In certain belief systems, snakes are associated with healing energy, transformation, and renewal. Ancient civilizations such as the Egyptians, Greeks, and Native American tribes incorporated snake symbolism, often representing wisdom, fertility, and divine healing.

Furthermore, snake-inspired practices such as snake massage have gained popularity in certain alternative therapy circles. Snake massage involves using live snakes to create a unique sensory experience that is believed to provide relaxation and stress relief. However, it's important to note that this practice lacks scientific evidence regarding specific healing effects and may not be suitable for everyone.

Approaching the concept of the healing power of snakes requires caution and skepticism. While certain snake venoms may possess potential therapeutic properties, modern medicine relies on rigorous scientific research, clinical trials, and evidence-based practices to ensure safety and efficacy.

If considering any form of alternative therapy or treatment involving snakes, it is essential to consult with qualified medical professionals and seek evidence-based approaches tailored to one's specific health needs.
I can no longer find the link to the original article.  I don't recall anything to do with venom. That is a whole different subject. I believe it was the presence of the snakes and their calm natures that was considered healing. As a person who lives with snakes I can tell you they are very calming.
Catherine