Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overweight rescue dog gets help
Vincent was dropped off at the shelter, after his owner's death, weighing double what he should.
I have never seen such a fat dog. Life must have been so hard for Vincent. With the help of a good foster home Vincent is getting active and losing weight.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/09/01/...texas.ktrk

I am sure Vincent has a chance at a healthy life with the help he is getting. The swimming is a great idea. It lets him be active without putting a strain on his legs or his back. I would love to see pictures of him in six months. I am sure he will be a handsome boy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank goodness Vincent is getting the help he needs. You can see he has a chance now. His previous caretaker must not have realised what they were doing to him. I'm sure their intentions were 'kindness'. But oh dear how can anyone be so blind? He wouldn't have lived very long if help hadn't arrived.
He is a lovely dog. I hope he continues to get fitter. He certainly seems to be enjoying the exercise!
It is amazing that he is even trying. I guess he doesn't want to be a fat little dog. He must have been fed a terrible diet. Of course his owner died so maybe their diet was not good either.

I would love to see him as a slim dog.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine