Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Krinkle Snake update
Jake is doing a lot better. He is doing so well that I set him up in a better tank. He likes to zoom around the tank, but of course it is a Krinkle Snake zoom. It is not too fast, but he puts his whole heart into it.
[Image: IMG_1300.JPG]

[Image: IMG_1301.JPG]

[Image: IMG_1302.JPG]

I took the pictures one after another so you get a sense of how fast Jake can move. Remember when he couldn't even lift his head and actually tied himself in a knot. I feel very proud of how well he does.
He is certainly living life to the fullest in spite of his disability.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

He is looking so good, Catherine. It just goes to show that they all have the ability to reach their potential, whatever that maybe.
What a glorious colour he is, and what a happy life he has with you.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I can watch him when I am on the computer. He has been zooming around tonight and now he is curled up. His coils are not smooth and sleek like a normal snake, but it is sweet to see him acting almost like normal. He does have a good life. I am just glad that I could do that for him.
Catherine

Jake may have had a difficult time in the past, but he is now in the VERY best care a snake could hope for!
He couldn't have found a better homeHeart
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank-you. I wanted Jake from the first moment I saw him. I just knew I could make things better for him and give him the life he deserved. We will never know why he is deformed like that, but that doesn't matter. I didn't want his deformity to define him. Every time he does something like a "real" snake I am so proud of him.

He still can't shed on his own, but if he manages to get started and even get his eyes clear, I am so happy for him and I gladly take care of the rest. The day he crawled out of his tank and came looking for me I could have cried I was so proud of him. Knowing what he was like when I brought him home, it is hard to believe that he has done so well.
I guess when you believe in a little animal you can help them be all that they were meant to be.Heart
Catherine