Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stolen dog recovered 5 years later
This is an incredible story. Justine's pug was stolen in Calgary five years ago. I think I remember the story. There was video footage of him being snatched, but no one was ever caught.

Five years later he was found wandering and a local pug rescue took him in. He was traced to the owner through a tattoo in his ear. It is low tech, but it works.
Of course it still took Facebook and social media to reunite Justine with
Tyson.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=1&at=dt0
I love the image of Tyson being so excited to see Justine. They belong back together and I am so happy that it happened.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's a lovely story. Even though he had spent more of his life away from her than with her, he clearly knew where he belonged.
These bonds between a loving keeper and a pet are priceless.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Clearly in his heart Tyson is her dog and he wasn't happy until he got back to her. Maybe he was found wandering because he was trying to get back to her.
I love a happy ending like this.Heart
Catherine

A dog who loves you will absolutely NEVER forget you no matter how much time passes. Many animals if not all, are also like that.
I am glad they were reunited eventually. It must be awful to spend years wondering what has happened to your dog.

It is so dangerous to leave a dog tied outside a store.
I hate to see dogs tied up outside stores. I am always afraid they will be stolen.
It is so amazing that she got her dog back after all that time. You have to wonder where he was and how did he escape.

Wouldn't it have been wonderful to witness the reunion. It is not often you see something that joyful.

I found a Siamese Cat once that had been stolen. Zeke had been gone for a few weeks and he was fifty miles or more from his home. He certainly didn't walk there. I tracked the owner through a tattoo in the ear. I didn't see the reunion because a family member with a car came and got him, but when I called everyone started cheering that the cat had been found.
Catherine

What an amazing thing to happen! It must have felt so good to know that Zeke was safe and sound at last and that you had helped that reunion. Not everyone would think to check the ears for a tattoo.

Misty and I found a couple of lost dogs a few years ago. One was not far (only 4 or 5 fields away) from her human....an elderly woman. I caught her by her collar and used Misty's lead. Misty didn't need it, as she never left my side except to chase frisbee! The lady was very upset, but Misty and I went on a quest to find the dog, and find her we did within 5 minutes. She had just gone for a swim in the river but came out some way further on!

Another was a Spaniel who was all alone in fields. We took him "under our wing" for about 6 hours -gave him a nice walk, some snacks....and I put posters all over the 3 villages nearest to where he was found. I got a phone call at 6pm. After the person had described their dog to me, he was obviously theirs, so I took him back. He had ended up about 2 miles from home. But he was back for dinner!
They were all very happy.
It is wonderful to reunite lost pets with their owners. I was always happy that I helped get Zeke home. The thing is, Zeke approached me and asked for help. He had been seen for a number of days, but he didn't approach anyone else.

Lost dogs must know who to turn to in an emergency. They just know you will help. Of course Misty might have told them.
Catherine