Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goldie has gone.
Dearest Goldie, who was only in our care for 8 weeks, has gone.
She had a quiet day yesterday, sleeping in a cuddle pocket for most of it. One or other of the piggies was in there with her all the time. She feasted on grapes and cucumber and then went to sleep. When I came down this morning all the others were out and about, so I suspected that she had gone, and indeed she had. She looked comfy and just asleep, but was cold.
She will join our herd in the garden, but I prefer to think of her youthful and active running through the meadows with her sisters.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
(09-24-2015, 06:34 PM)Cibach Wrote: I prefer to think of her youthful and active running through the meadows with her sisters.
I'm sure that she is doing that right now, with the other piggies who have passed over, whom you have so lovingly cared for.
Dear Goldie had a lovely last day and it sounds as if she had a very peaceful passing.

Blessings to her in those beautiful meadows.
What a beautiful, gentle last day she had. The other piggies knew she was going and stayed with her. It seems that she joined your herd so she could have a gentle passing.

In the short time she was with you she became a happy and fulfilled member of a loving herd. You couldn't have given her a better gift.
She will live on in your memory as a special flower, very beautiful and sweet, but gone too soon.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Definitely gone too soon. We knew she wouldn't be with us for vey long, but the longer she was with us, the longer we wanted.
All the piggies made a point of spending time with her in the cuddle pocket on her last day, so she wasn't alone for a second.
We have noticed what we are calling "The Goldie Effect". Marigold has discovered the joy of sharing her pocket or cuddle roll with a furry companion and is actively seeking out the others to snuggle. It shows she is missing Goldie and is seeking solace with the others. It's very sweet to see.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
"The Goldie Effect",Heart Goldie had a real effect on the rest of your herd. How sweet that they all spent time saying goodbye and comforting her. Guinea pigs are really great aren't they. They care about other herd members, even new members. I bet they are all closer to each other now.
I hope the others are willing to snuggle with Marigold sometimes. She will be missing her friend and needs their comfort.

Goldie was a sweetheart.Heart Her time with us was brief, but beautiful.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine