Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloning your dog.
I didn't know they could clone dogs. It's awful expensive, too. I don't know about this, I have to think about it more.
The cloning for commercial purposes is fairly new. The original cloning was in 1996 so that is not that long ago. Dolly the sheep only lived 7 years. It is unclear if that is a side effect of the cloning. If clones have short lives then it would not be fair to produce clones.

It is very expensive. It is a lot of money to produce something that looks like your pet, but isn't your pet.

They also cloned a cat, but as someone commented, what do we need cloned cats for. Cats are able to produce plenty of other cats without our help.
https://www.mun.ca/biology/scarr/Cloned_Cat.html

It seems even genetically identical cats do not turn out identical. So much for copy cats.Smiley4

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...OYIckCi9Lg

At least the cloned cat has had a good life.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I think people have to follow their own instincts about this. It's not for me, but I can understand why people do it. They are trying to 'find' their loved one again.

I feel it woul be better if they learned how to reach out their hearts to the one who has passed. Because that is the 'real one'....even though not physical. And when they are close, it is such a beautiful and fulfilling closeness. If people could do that, it would make grieving for a loved one passed so much sweeter. Then they could choose....either to include another, different friend in their lives, or not -as the case may be.

And yes Catherine....cats are very good at producing new cats without any interference from us! Smiley4
Cats are so independent. Somehow even when cloned they manage to not be identical. They are trying to teach us something.

Better than clinging to a lost pet, it would be better to open ones heart to loving a new pet. There will always be new pets that need our love.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine