Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Lucy
I would love to hear the thoughts of birds.  What were the robins thinking when I picked up their baby and climbed a tree to put him back in the nest. They didn't attack me like they did everyone else who wanted to get involved. I think they remember me from my garden, but did they really trust me as much as they seemed to.

If their thoughts mirrored their actions then yes they did. I just wish I could have told them what I was doing and reassured them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, that was really good of you to put the baby bird back in its nest.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
He was a little Robin and he was about two weeks short of leaving the nest. He wouldn't have survived. All the Robins were gathered around protecting him. When I walked up they let me pick him up with no trouble.  I needed both hands to climb the tree so I put the baby in a cloth bag which I held in my teeth. Once I was up there I picked him up and placed him in the nest.

Two weeks later a baby Robin kept hanging around my place and I think it might have been him.
[Image: IMG_1282.JPG]
I do love the robins. They hang around my yard because of all the berries my shrubs and tree produce.
Catherine

That is so sweet Catherine. You have such a good heart!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Thank-you.

The birds give so much to us, I like to help them in any way I can.
I make a point of planting things that they can eat. And in return they pick the insects off my plants.  I think we have a system of helping each other that really works. I was just glad I found the baby before it got hurt.
Catherine