Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Lucy
You don't like to cut the hair to short in the winter.

I used to clip my guinea pig. He had a short cut in the summer and in the winter I would let him get quite fuzzy. I don't bath them too much when it gets really cold.

Suzy should be able to go a few months without clipping, long enough to get through the winter.

I even let my own hair get a little longer in the winter.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I always let her hair grow longer in the Winter. She has peepads for really cold weather. She can go inside.
A lot of smaller dogs are better off using pee pads inside. Winter is hard on them. It must be very hard on a dog's feet when it is cold.

Does Suzy wear coats in the winter.
Catherine

Suzy had a coat but it tore and she has such thick hair that I don't put a coat on her any more. She doesn't go outside when it's frigid out there.
It does get too cold for a dog doesn't it. I worry that the less furry dogs will get frost bite. Suzy has a lot of hair so she must be okay, but it still is better to keep her in. I don't imagine a walk outside on a bitter cold day is any nicer for a dog than it is for us.

The pee pads are really good too.
Catherine

When it's below a certain temp. the pads on their paws will freeze up and especially when there is ice and snow on the ground. I had to warm up Suzy's feet several times so now she has the pee pads to do her business on.
On the really cold days I like to see dogs with boots. In the city the sidewalks are hard enough on a dogs feet. There is nothing funnier than watching a dog wear boots for the first time.
Catherine

I bought Suzy socks and boots and she couldn't even stand up in them.
Quote:I bought Suzy socks and boots and she couldn't even stand up in them

Poor Suzy. Some animals just don't like boots. Did she just flop over or did she walk funny like she didn't know where her feet were.
Catherine

She flopped over.