Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bailey and Danny
Here is the latest picture of my parakeetsHeart Bailey and HeartDanny. Danny is the blue one and Bailey is the yellow one:

[Image: Fb5eF2u.jpg]
Welcome to the forum, dear Bailey and Danny! In Europe we would call them budgerigars (or budgies for short). Do they groom each other?
Yes, they do groom each other. We call them budgies, too.
Bailey and Danny do make a handsome pair. Their colours compliment each other very well. If they groom each other then they must have bonded. I love to see birds happy like that.
Do they sing to each other? There is something sweet about two birds singing to each other. They have their own language and we can only guess at what they are saying.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Danny is definitely what we would call a "Blue Budgerigar" (or "Budgie") in the UK.
But I am not so sure about Bailey....he looks different somehow, unless that is the effect of the photo.
But they are both handsome boys!
(10-07-2015, 04:25 PM)Catherine Wrote: Bailey and Danny do make a handsome pair. Their colours compliment each other very well. If they groom each other then they must have bonded. I love to see birds happy like that.
Do they sing to each other? There is something sweet about two birds singing to each other. They have their own language and we can only guess at what they are saying.Heart
Yes, they do make a lovely pair. Yes, they have bonded and are getting along real good. Yes, Danny sings to Bailey. Bailey hasn't developed singing skills yet and just makes peep noises.

(10-09-2015, 03:37 AM)Tobi Wrote: Danny is definitely what we would call a "Blue Budgerigar" (or "Budgie") in the UK.
But I am not so sure about Bailey....he looks different somehow, unless that is the effect of the photo.
But they are both handsome boys!
Both are budgies or Parakeets. I don't know if Bailey is a female or male yet. It takes some time to find out. Yes, they are very good looking and thank you!
I guess the gender doesn't matter if the two birds are happily bonded. I have known two male cockatiels to bond and be good company for each other.

Is Bailey young? Is singing a skill s/he will learn?
Catherine

(10-09-2015, 02:59 PM)Catherine Wrote: I guess the gender doesn't matter if the two birds are happily bonded. I have known two male cockatiels to bond and be good company for each other.

Is Bailey young? Is singing a skill s/he will learn?
Bailey is just a baby about 3 or 4 mos. old.
Bailey is young. You have lots of time to teach him/her. Will Danny teach him to sing or does it come naturally. Will he grow larger?
Catherine

Bailey is full grown height wise but will broaden out in the chest as he/she gets older. Danny is teaching Bailey lots of things and singing is probably one of them.