Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog rescued from mine
Two young men out walking looked down a mine shaft and saw a pair of eyes. They worked out a way for one of them to climb down and rescue the dog that was trapped in the mine shaft.

http://newschannel9.com/news/top-stories...1261.shtml

Given the circumstances, I think it showed real courage for them to do that. I don't know if they will ever find the dog's owner, but they certainly saved her life.
With all the stories of animal neglect and abuse, it is nice to read something good that was done for an animal.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Bless those lads for going down to get the poor dog out. I wonder how long the dog had been down there? And how did she(he?) end up down there? 100FT is a long way to fall, and the dog is very lucky not to have been killed or severely injured in the fall.

That was one relieved dog by the sound of it. She/he obviously knew they had come to rescue her as she climbed right onto the one who went down.
What a lovely story. I hope the dog is recovering well, and will be re-homed happily, or her caretakers located.
I can't imagine how she ended up in a well. Maybe she was dumped there. She must have slide down the walls or the fall would have hurt her.
I love the fact that she climbed into the rescuers arms. She just wanted to be saved.

I bet the rescuers end up keeping her. How could you not keep a dog you climbed down a mine shaft to save.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine