Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People are taking pets to work
It seems increasing numbers of people are taking their pets to work.
It is mostly dogs, but sometimes other pets. Some employers are quite accepting of the idea. Certainly people, especially younger dog owners want their pets with them.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I think this is a great trend. I wish I could do it. If I worked at an office I would want a pet with me. I could have a daytime tank for a reptile and bring my bearded dragon.

I think knowing your dog is well and happy must make it easier to concentrate on work. Just knowing your dog is there would be calming. I hope the trend continues and increases.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sounds like a great idea.
I like that idea too. Sometimes that can work out very well. I happen to know a few handy-men who regularly bring their dogs to work. They have them in their van, and if the person they are working for likes dogs, they let them out to accompany them. One man was laying flooring at a house nearby. His dog just hung around with him as he was working, and now and again he would throw sticks for it in the garden. And the floor still got laid -and very well indeed - in the designated time!
Gardeners at the same house brought their dog. I played with him a while. It is a very good idea so long as the dog is happy and it works out well for everybody.
I would be happy if a workman brought a dog. I would give it water and snacks and play with it.

I think the job gets done because the worker is happy. Having your dog makes you feel more relaxed. I hope the trend continues.
Catherine

I love this idea! Payne would love to spend the day with us I think.
She would also probably like the company if a dog came to visit.....I think?
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
The whole work place could become less stressful if people had their dogs with them. I am sure Payne would love the outings. Who knows dogs might like having company. Maybe it would make their days more interesting if the plumber's dog dropped in or if they could visit with the hairdresser's dog.

We do leash free dog parks where dogs can have play dates with each other and generally meet up. Dogs at work would not be totally different. You go to work and your dog visits with your coworkers dog.
Everyone would be happier.
Catherine