Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Poem About Live Export.
We had a protest march in our capital city a few years ago,they asked for submissions,speeches,stories poems against the cruelty of live animal export to other countries and how badly the animals are treated,I wrote this it's not a professional poem but I wrote from the heart,it was read out at the protest.

We look at those sad eyes what do we see?
Pain and sadness,won't you please help me?
How can we stand by what can we do?
If you don't at least try you won't get through.
So please do your best, at least you must try.
Because if you don't more of them will die.
How can people sleep soundly in bed?
When so many sad ones are lying there dead.
So give it your best shot,go ahead try.
Because without you many more will die.
That is beautiful. Live export is a subject dear to my heart. There is no need to send animals like that. We know they are being sent to horrible deaths.

I don't know how people involved in the export can sleep.

I remember reading about that protest. I am glad they read your poem out. It is very moving.. As you say it is from the heart.

I hope that some day they will stop the live exports.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Great poem. Thanks for posting it. You draw attention to a vital issue. We had threads on this forum in the past, highlighting the appalling slaughter methods used in some countries.

As a gesture of thanks to you, Catslave, I have rated this thread five stars. I don't do that very often! I have also given you some well deserved reputation.
Heart 
That is a very moving poem, Catslave. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. I feel your words will help others to do the best they can to help live export animals who need our intelligence and compassion.
That's a beautiful poem for a worthy cause.
Thanks everyone I'm very passionate about animal welfare and this one in particular.
You must be familiar with Animals Australia. They are an amazing group. You can be proud of the work they are doing.

Live export is one of your big issues isn't it. I feel like crying every time I see a video of animals being shipped off like that. The day they stop shipping live we will feel like dancing in the streets.

Of course there will be another issue to tackle. Animal welfare is the work of a lifetime.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine