Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal rights and the Canadian election
Animal rights was not a specific election issue, but it was there below the surface. No party is an animal rights party, but they each have their attitudes. With a complete change of government we can hope for a change of attitude towards animals.
A number of animal friendly MPs were elected. The incoming government is known to have a better attitude that the outgoing government. Of course it would be hard to be worse. Canada has such a bad reputation around animal issues right now that we can only get better.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/camille-lab...14390.html

I think we need to keep pushing animal issues, but at least we have a government that might respond positively.
I want to see the seal hunt ended. It is barbaric and outdated.

I am cautiously optimistic for the future.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I totally agree with you Catherine, hopefully we'll see changes made.

I lived in Newfoundland, and the seal hunt there along with moose & rabbitt hunting is so accepted there, that is one of the reasons I could no longer live there. I would like to see all hunting banned.
Though i know it isn't likely to happen.
It may take a long time, but one day hunting will be a thing of the past. Think about it. Once upon a time everyone could hunt. Now only a select group actually hunts.

Having a government that is open to change is a good thing. We can only improve from where we are at now. I think this government takes climate change seriously. I look forward to being proud of us as an eco-leader among other countries, the way we used to be.

How we behave at the climate change conference will tell us and the world a lot.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine