Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs who see "something"
Dogs, cats and other animals are very sensitive to seeing "things" (beings) which we don't always notice. I found this fascinating collection of dogs seeing "something" (someone) mentioned on another forum so I tracked down the original source and here it is:
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2015/10/pets-...ernatural/

The collection is interesting because the original accounts are clearly written by everyday people who were not expecting anything to happen and previously may never have even thought about what happens after physical death.

Dogs and other animals, their experiences not being cluttered with petty things (Will I catch the train? Why won't the car start? Who phoned me just now?....etc. - LOL!), are much more in tune with the universe so are more likely to notice anything non-physical around them.
This is a well known phenomena with animals, though babies and young children also have this ability. Yes it is interesting.
These are fascinating accounts. Thank you LPC!

I do think animals, and probably many children -not being cluttered up by the sorts of thoughts that run through our adult human minds -notice a lot more than we usually do!

I had a dog named Toby, who passed away in 1999. He was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer, and was in his 'hospice days' with me. Sometimes he wasn't so bad and quite lively, and other times he was more tired and slept.
One evening he was sleeping on his bed downstairs, and suddenly he woke up, got out of bed, and started wagging his tail, looking very very well and happy suddenly. He was gazing intently beyond me into the room, at a height of maybe 5-6ft up. He made little sounds of greeting. His nose was wet, his eyes shone.
I wondered what he was watching! He looked suddenly so well and young!

Whatever it was that caught his attention, he followed with his eyes, and was not distracted by anything I said or did. I could see nothing physical, such as a fly or moth. He stayed like this for maybe 5 minutes, then came back down to Earth and wagging, went back to lie down.

He passed 2 days later. (Put to sleep when he worsened and could suddenly not pee any more.)

I often wonder if he was being prepared for his passing, and greeted by someone unseen by me.
There is no question our pets see things that we don't. We all have odd experiences with pets.

Maybe Toby was visited by a deceased friend who was saying "I will see you soon". I have heard of dying people calling to people just before they die. Pets probably have the same experiences, but they can't tell us.
I think they also see the newly departed. Years ago my cat and I both saw our older cat days after his death. We both saw him. I know I did and Blueboy was looking in the same direction and we both followed with our eyes as he left the room. I was much younger then and my life was less cluttered.

More recently, Jonathan the beardie slept on my bed each night. For months after her death I often woke up and sensed she was there. I left her blanket on the bed for a year just the way she liked it, just in case.

I sometimes think the hamsters saw things. They were very alert sometimes, but I am not sure what they were reacting to.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Gosh, these are fascinating accounts, too! Thank you both for adding them.
(11-02-2015, 02:52 PM)Catherine Wrote: Maybe Toby was visited by a deceased friend who was saying "I will see you soon". I have heard of dying people calling to people just before they die. Pets probably have the same experiences, but they can't tell us.
I think they also see the newly departed.

Well, with hindsight now, I am pretty sure it could have been my husband. He had passed 9 months before Toby. What makes me think it might have been him is one night (after Toby went) I had a nightmare in which Toby had gone missing and I couldn't find him. I was running about, searching and calling for him. Then I heard my husband's voice shout to me (it sounded like he was trying to shout through a thick stone wall....i.e. ...my brain??LOL)....he said "He's HERE! He's here with me! The Piddler's here with me love!" (The Piddler was our nick-name for Toby as he always liked to cockerel his leg a thousand times a day!)

Anyway even as I had wakened up and could see my room clearly in the morning, I could still hear my husband's voice saying that last sentence.
The dream will never be forgotten. If I hadn't been so thick-headed in those days, that would have been all I'd have needed to show me they live on.
However, it took Misty at a later date to crack through my scepticism!

(11-02-2015, 02:52 PM)Catherine Wrote: Years ago my cat and I both saw our older cat days after his death. We both saw him. I know I did and Blueboy was looking in the same direction and we both followed with our eyes as he left the room. I was much younger then and my life was less cluttered.

What an absolutely amazing experience Catherine! To actually see your cat! For both of you to see him....wow!

(11-02-2015, 02:52 PM)Catherine Wrote: More recently, Jonathan the beardie slept on my bed each night. For months after her death I often woke up and sensed she was there. I left her blanket on the bed for a year just the way she liked it, just in case.

Oh yes, they do come back to visit us. More than we realise, I think!

(11-02-2015, 02:52 PM)Catherine Wrote: I sometimes think the hamsters saw things. They were very alert sometimes, but I am not sure what they were reacting to.

Yes they probably do. I bet they are visited by Murray, Flora, and all the others.
Jonathan was the most distinctive experience. It was just a couple of years ago and it happened many times. I always woke up knowing Jonathan was on the bed. After she died there were mornings where I knew she was still there. I could sense her presence the way I did when she was alive.
She hasn't been here in a long time, but I guess it was time for her to move on. I think she was there because we were very close and it was hard for either of us to let go.

It makes sense that your husband would come for Toby. You have had dreams like that before haven't you?

The cat that I saw, if he had looked exactly like he did while he was alive, I could think it was a memory. The brain could have supplied the image. He looked different, it was him, but transformed. Also the other cat saw him too.

There is more to life than we fully understand.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine