Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Tale of Mari and Three Pups
A very good film-drama (suitable for children too) about a dog named Mari and her pups, and what happened after an earthquake. It is supposed to be based on a true story.
The film is in Japanese, but with clear to read English subtitles.

https://youtu.be/b3nuDod9v9s

Full movie (1 hour 43 minutes.)
I definitely want to see that. I don't mind subtitles. I may yet learn a new language from watching non English films.

I wonder if it is based on something that happened after Fukushima? Of course Japan has a lot of earthquakes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Okay....google have pulled this movie off in the last 24 hours since I watched it yesterday evening.
Probably because it doesn't have the beginning and the ending cut off, hasn't got an almost inaudibly low volume, and hasn't got a white mist over the middle of the picture. If it were Japanese with Portuguese subtitles....(etc)  it would be allowed to stay.

Google must be in cahoots with Netflix or some other company which takes paid subscriptions from English speaking viewers, and have a financial cut in it. I can see no other reason, as there were no "copyright issues" over 100s of movies,  which had been on YouTube for ages, only a couple of years ago.

Surely if copyright breaches WERE the actual issue, Google have enough savvy to have sorted that years ago!

Yeah....right.
Now I wish I had watched it right away. Maybe we can find it somewhere else or maybe it will get reposted.

The message I get is that someone has made a copyright claim on the movie. It will still be put there on the web somewhere on some download site. 
I did a quick search and no luck, but it is out there somewhere.
Catherine

What is the name of this movie Tobi? I'd also like to see it.
I think the actual name is "A Tale of Mari and Three Pups".  It is definitely missing from YouTube. I checked and it is not on Netflix. I am sure we will find it eventually. There is a copyright claim so I think You Tube had to take it down, for now.  I hope it is back up and running soon somewhere.
Catherine