Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Good
That was even faster. The word instant comes to mind.

We do still have a PM glitch. I can't send a new PM. The names won't load. I have to reply to a sent message.
If we can't fix it we may need to set up a message section to send messages. I was thinking of a memo section like our admin section, but for everyone. It would be a faster way to tell people when things are happening.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The circle still flies round in a circle forever when I click on quick reply. I don't use the reply button because it quotes the previous persons's post and that isn't always needed. Tobi has experienced the same problem with posting replies, but not you or cathie. Strange!

I agree that the PM system is not working properly. I suspect that some files are still missing from the manual upload. Ah, just looked in the admin panel and found two that may be the (missing) culprits. I will post it in the admin section (new thread).
Yes that always happens when I use 'quick reply'. Just as an experiment, I clicked on the black button 'New Reply' to post this. We will see what happens....

Right -the update on that is it worked perfectly, with no circle running round -no hanging. Obviously that only happens on 'quick reply'.

I have also discovered that if a post needs to be edited, then 'quick edit' doesn't work. The best thing to do is click on 'full edit'.
(11-08-2015, 03:36 AM)Catherine Wrote: That was even faster. The word instant comes to mind.

We do still have a PM glitch. I can't send a new PM. The names won't load. I have to reply to a sent message.
If we can't fix it we may need to set up a message section to send messages. I was thinking of a memo section like our admin section, but for everyone. It would be a faster way to tell people when things are happening.

Something is rather strange....LPC sent me a brief message last night. It wasn't a reply to a previous message. It was an entirely new one.
Can you remember, LPC, what you did?
I haven't noticed any problems at all.
I just realized that Reply, quick reply and New reply are three different things. I tried reply and I usually use  New Reply.  I have never tried quick reply

Yes LPC, how did you get a private message through.

Cathie, I think the problems are minor and would only be noticeable to those of us who worked with the forum from the day of the original software download.
Catherine

Just testing quick reply.
Catherine

After 7 minutes I remembered to hit refresh. So quick edit is not quick any more.
Catherine

I just picked up a new job for some web design so I'm working on getting that set up today, but I'm definitely going to work on the theme tonight. That's the fun part. XD I'm also working on sorting out the rest of the glitches. That's the not-so-fun part. Tongue
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
Tobi, I can't remember about the PM. I assume that I entered your name manually.