Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parakeets
I found a video that shows how the males shower the female with kisses and the bird just stands there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_goVuJqjZk
We have an aviary with about 40 of these they're native to Australia and they're budgerigars we call them budgies,if you go into the bush there are flocks of them flying around wild, the wild ones are nearly always green. When my husband goes in his aviary to give our birds their fruit they climb all over him.
They certainly are a cheerful bird. Are they always so affectionate?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, the males are very affectionate. When I pick up little Bailee he/she nussles in my hand affectionately, too.
They are affectionate but they're also noisy when you have a lot of them as well.
Yes, I noticed that about groups of birds, both wild and captive. When the birds are feeding from my tree out back I can hear them several houses away.  If I call a pet store I can hear the birds over the phone.

My conclusion:  Birds like to talk.  That is one of their charms isn't it. Maybe we learned to make music from them.

They certainly give us so much beautiful sound. I find the sound of many birds talking/singing to be very uplifting.
Catherine

I love the sound of birds chirping in the morning. It's a new day and they seem to be rejoicing in it. I love bird chatter too. Believe it or not some people don't like it. I have a friend who comes over occasionally and Danny's chirping got on his nerves. Danny can get really loud but it doesn't bother me at all.
You want to hear a group of them and other birds as well when they start.
I love the dawn chorus of birds. Here, the Robin starts first, before first light. He does an intro song and then the rest of the birds join in as the sun appears. It is hauntingly beautiful.

Even two little Diamond Doves are good for a song or two. Virgil is cooing as I type this.
Catherine

I'm not sure what kind of birds are chirping here in the morning but all I can say it is truly beautiful.