Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parakeets
Birds do give us the gift of music. 
I had quail for years. They were the little Chinese Quail and they were rescues. They were not very musical, but I did like their little crowing sounds.  I missed it when they were gone. The neighbour  told me that Steward Quail was quiet all day until he heard me come home and then he sang all evening for me. They were never tame, but they only sang when I was home. Maybe they were more tame than I thought.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

They like people and company, I think. My Danny sings a lot and Bailee peeps loudly still. Bailee is learning some of Danny's sounds too now.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Birds are music aren't they. I love the little dove sounds. Even during the night if I hear them it is pleasant. 

Most of our musical birds have flown south and all we have is sparrow song. By Feb. it will start to sound musical.
Catherine

Yes, they are soothing music. Some people can't tolerate them but I can.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
On a cold winter day when all the other birds are gone, the sparrows sound very beautiful. I like hearing them now.
Catherine