Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unusual re-uniting with lost cat
Michelle and her son Ronnie lost their ginger cat over a year ago. He just went out one day and never came back. They were sure he never would.

Then recently they went to Cats Protection in Derbyshire, to give a home to a new cat.

Now this is VERY unusual!...they chose a cat, and went back to pick it up a little while later. Next to that cat's exclosure was ANOTHER cat....guess who it was? Yes it was the one who had gone missing so long ago! What are the chances of being right next door to the cat they chose??

The sad part is they intended to take BOTH cats back home with them, but the new one -Orlando -doesn't like other cats and can't live with them....

Here is the story anyway. The little boy cried when re-united with his lost pet:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ssing.html
That is amazing!   What are the odds of a cat turning up like that, just when his people would be at the shelter to pick up another cat.

Cats are the oddest creatures for disappearing and turning up.  You have to wonder where he was the last 18 months.
Cats lead lives we know nothing about, they really do.

I am glad the little boy got his cat back.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Interesting story. But it is reported that the cat had a microchip with the family's previous address. Surely they could have been traced?
I know. I thought that was very strange too -about the microchip! Surely someone would have checked the microchip?? Wouldn't they?
(I don't even want to think of a scenario where someone couldn't be bothered to use a scanner!)

Nevertheless, Providence had the good sense to put those two cats next to each other in the Rescue. Most strange....
That's a nice story. I bet they were overjoyed to see their cat again.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It is unusual, though if it wasn't out roaming it wouldn't have gotten lost.
I sounds like he didn't normally leave home. He just took off the day he disappeared.

The microchip is a bit of a mystery. It did have his old address. Maybe the move was recent. After 18 months they didn't expect to get the cat back so they probably didn't update the microchip registry.

I believe someone got a cat back after ten years because of a microchip. The cat was about 2000 miles from home. I bet there is a story there we would like to hear.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine