Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog watches over dead friend
I saw this yesterday, but didn't have time to post it.

A dog was found on the side of the road next to another dog that had been killed by a car. He had been watching over him for some time.
It is a beautiful picture of loyalty and the devotion of a dog.
The dog was picked up and was held by animal services.

The really good news is that the owner has been found.  Both dogs took off on Sat. and hadn't been seen since.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/46946640-story

It is very sad that the one dog was killed, but it is a happy thing that the faithful dog could go home to his family.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, I saw that article, too. Dogs are really faithful to the ones they love that's for sure.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
After all his faithfulness, I am glad he was reunited with his people.

Sad for all of them that the other dog was killed.
Catherine

It's very sad that one of the dogs got killed. But he would have known his friend was watching over him as he left. This is a very touching story, and goes to show how loyal and loving they are. Presumably, by the side of a road, it was a dangerous position to be in, but the other dog cared more for his friend than he cared about being scared.

I am glad he finally went home and was re-united with his people.
It was one of those unfortunate things that the two dogs got out.

Dogs are so incredibly loyal. We could learn from then, we really could. And we should.
Catherine