Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condolances to French members
I have been listening to the news and my heart goes out to any of our members who are in France  or who have family or friends who may be in the danger area.

I know it is very upsetting to have ones country under attack for any reason. It is somehow worse when the attack comes from within. These acts of terrorism are so cowardly and take the lives of innocent people.  Every time I hear a news update the death toll climbs. The whole world feels for those who are affected by this tragedy.

LPC I hope you have no family in the attack area.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I too send my condolences to all those in France.      Heart
That's very thoughtful. The final figures seem to be 128 "dead" and many injured. But of course the figures could change a little.

It is a terrible tragedy for anyone who has been affected either directly or indirectly. Everyone in France is in a state of shock.

On the BBC site a security expert is quoted as being concerned that there might now be copycat acts elsewhere in Europe, with terrorists egging each other on. Let us hope that he is wrong.

Violence never achieves anything in the long run....
My thoughts are with the people of France.
I find it hard to believe that such things can happen.
All last night I found myself glued to the news on France 24, the English language output of the French news channel.
I couldn't go to bed until I knew it was all over. How horrific for the people of Paris and France.
So many people hurt or killed.
I think today we are all Parisians, in our hearts.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I would also like to express my condolences to all those in Paris/France.
Our worlds can change so dramatically in an instant.
LPC: I hope all your loved ones are safe.
You all will be in our hearts and prayers during this most difficult time.
Stay strong and the bad guys will NEVER win!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
You are right LPC, violence never accomplishes anything. It only destroys what others have done. We are all united with France against the terrorists and in the end they will be dealt with.

For now we mourn with you. Toronto is holding a vigil right now at city hall. We are even lighting our CN Tower in the colours of the French Flag to show our solidarity. Canada does remember that she has French roots and French is one of our official languages.
Catherine

I am very sorry to hear of the attacks, and the tragic events in France. This is truly shocking. My prayers and kindest thoughts to all who have relatives or friends involved.
Well this certainly is a horrible tragedy. The people in Paris are now scared to death. I saw a picture of them stampeding down the street today when someone said they heard a gun shot. Apparently there was no one that shot a gun today. But you can see how this has just shook everyone to the very core. In the USA we fear attacks too after 9/11 so many years ago. We understand just what it's like to be attacked on your ground. May all of the killed RIP, and may the injured be made well soon. I heard there are about 99 seriously ill who may die yet. How can man to this to man? It's beyond me the thinking of this.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It will be a while before Paris and the rest of France  return to peace. People are scared that there will be new attacks. I don't blame them. So many lives have been affected by the terrorists that everyone knows someone who was hurt or endangered.

Time heals wounds, but it takes time.  These terror events damage the peace of all of us. Only time will restore us to calm.
We will return to calm and peace. These terrible men have done damage, but we are strong enough to over come the evil. Good will be restored and good will win out in the end.
Catherine