Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Bear poaching in B.C.
Sorry, I don't know how to post a link on here.

There have been several black bears found with their paws and internal organs missing, then left to rot.

This has happened in different areas of B.C. lately, with no idea who is responsible.  Angry
I did some research and found the link.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-co...-1.3320113

(when you click on reply there are options from left to right above the message area. Insert a Link is number eleven from the right hand side)

It is terrible that they are killing black bears like that. They just want some small part of the bear to sell.
It is totally ridiculous that someone would pay for a bear gall bladder. Our Black Bears are beautiful creatures. It is not right for them to die like that.

As always we need to fight against animal poachers. I wonder where they find a market for bear parts. Closing down that market is the only way to stop this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thanks Catherine for your explanation & the link.
We all have to learn how to do things with the new software.  It is similar, but not everything is the same.

It is so sad how we treat our bears. I understand that Ontario is considering allowing the Spring Bear hunt.  They put out bait and the hungry bears are drawn to it. They never stand a chance.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-ba...-1.3296715

In theory no female bear is killed so no cubs are orphaned.

Do you believe that, I don't.
Catherine

I don't believe it either Catherine. Why can't people let the wild animals be? I don't like hunting or hunters!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Lovely photos of your pets Ruth, I don't like hunters or hunting either.
Hunting distorts the natural order.  In nature predators kill the old, the sick and the weak. They strengthen the species that they prey on and animals that are suffering are not left to die slowly.

Hunters kill the best and the strongest and leave the weak. They cause animals to suffer and they do leave orphans.

Hunting the way we do it now distorts nature. Worse, the hunters don't even need the food.

The spring bear hunt is nasty because it targets bears that are hungry after hibernation. They are at an unfair disadvantage.
Catherine

The hunting is so cruel and unnecessary. And what do the poachers want them for? Their furs! They don't care if they are targeting the vulnerable creatures. You are right. Natural predators such as wolves, take the old and the sick....possibly even saving them from a prolonged painful death, or death from starvation.

Human hunters are in a different league. They have little intelligence, and no Heart.
We seem to have trouble doing anything in harmony with nature. We always do things backwards.

We want to kill the best of the best for trophies.
When we go to war we send our best young people and deplete a whole generation.
We are the most destructive species on the planet. We destroy ourselves and we destroy others.

We should be careful. Nature is capable of defending itself. Nature also seems to balance itself out and return things to normal.
Catherine