Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Nosey the elephant
I think Nosey has been used more than enough and deserves a gentle retirement.  I get the impression that her owners want to work her to death for every penny she can earn. She certainly doesn't get the benefit of what she has earned over the years.

http://headlines.peta.org/nosey-elephant...dium=Promo

Elephant rides and elephants in circuses are the product of a different time and a different way of thinking about animals. We were wrong in how we treated these and many other kinds of animals. It is time to undo the harm as much as possible. For Nosey, that would mean a gentle retirement free from cruelty. She deserves peace.

If these petitions can help then we will have done something for Nosey.

Also, never support animal shows and rides like this and talk to people you know about why they shouldn't support such things.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh poor Nosey! Poor Soul....it is very very sad. It is hard to imagine why some humans put money before kindness. There is always another job to do to make money. There is ALWAYS some sort of option. Mr Liebel please....give Nosey some kindness.

I am saddened to hear that she isn't even getting support from vets who visit her. How shocking.

I thought there would be a petition. But I saw the "Take Action" button led to a form only those in the USA can sign, and I would have done if I could have done.

Please people who CAN sign -take some action for Nosey. She needs some help.
it's too bad the petition is only for U.S. residents to sign.
I can't get it to sign either, but I will look for a different petition. If nothing else we at least know about the issue.
Catherine

I signed the petition. This poor elephant! I hope she steps on Hugo's foot and hard!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I am glad you were able to sign it. Nosey deserves a better life.

There are so many elephants that are left in the circuses and shows that deserve our help. If we can help to free one, it will help the others.
Catherine

I totally agree.

I am hoping that the more publicity Nosey gets, the harder it is for them to exploit her.

When people no longer want to see her perform then she will lose money and they will be glad to send her to a sanctuary just to be free of the cost of keeping her. 

That is my hope.
Catherine

I hope that comes true. I have heard of other elephants too that have been living under terrible circumstances in other places, too. What is wrong with people?!

This all dates back to a time when people treated animals badly and never gave it a second thought. People are thinking about animals and their needs. These kinds of shows don't fit out modern thinking.  The fact that we are protesting is a sign of how much we have changed.
Catherine