Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cruel reality of reptile skins
Reptiles are used for the skins like many other animals are. However reptiles are treated worse(can you believe worse is possible) than other animals.
They are frequently skinned alive and left to die slowly. 

I know most people don't really care about reptiles, but at least we can care about the extreme suffering of the reptiles.

http://www.peta.org/action/action-alerts...ium=E-News

Please sign the petition and please never wear reptile skins. I don't even use fake skin prints or anything that might encourage the industry.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have signed.

Skinning animals alive....when will that end? If there is anything to tear the heart out of you it is to contemplate that.

I hope the petition is successful.
It's horrible, I signed the petition.
Animals in general get a bad deal when they are used for food or skins. Reptiles have it worse. People abuse the animals they work with, but with reptiles they use extreme cruelty. I try not to think about it too much, but when someone makes a joke about turning one of my snakes into a belt....I don't laugh. I am so angry at them that I don't get angry. I count myself lucky that I realize what they are before I become friends with them. Angry
Catherine

This just makes me sick. I suppose i knew what it would be like but just didn't think about it.
How horrific for the poor creatures. If there was no demand, then this wouldn't happen.
I hope the petition is successful.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
If we wouldn't buy these things then they would stop selling reptile skin products.

Sadly there are people who, even if they know about the cruelty, still won't care and will buy some designer bag, boots or belt.

We just have to keep educating and encouraging people to do the right thing.
Catherine

Yes, this is a terrible thing! Other animals are skinned alive, too, I've seen a video and it was the worst thing I ever saw! Signed it.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Thank-you for signing.
Reptiles are often overlooked when we protest animal cruelty.
Reptiles are actually gentle creatures most of the time and they are often not able to defend themselves. They don't die quickly when they are abused. It can take days for a skinned reptile to die. Their metabolisms are different than a mammals and everything they do is slower.

I hope some day this whole industry will end.
Catherine

I hope it will end, too.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It is obvious that we need non animal sourced "leather". I know that there is work being done in this area. As soon as these products become available we need to make a point of buying them.  The killing of animals for leather will only stop when no one buys the products any more.
Catherine