Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unchained after 20 years
This is a happy sad story. It is sad that this beautiful mountain lion was chained in the back of a truck for 20 years as a circus exhibit.
It is happy that a group like Animal Defenders International found him and cut his chains. They returned him to the mountains and have provided a safe and beautiful place for him to live out his years.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/122981/2...-video.htm
The video is wonderful. You can gradually see hope returning to the mountain lion's eyes.

How beautiful it is to free an animal from such horrible captivity.

I hope they can convince the government to ban such cruel roadside circuses.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Mufasa has one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen. Such intelligence and Soul in his eyes. He is a very gentle Soul. It's lovely to see him being taken real care of. I hope he will adapt well to his new life. He seemed very happy.

It is shocking that he has been kept in that truck for 20 years. Shocking and desperately sad. Thank goodness he has something to look forward to now.
Wonderful news!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I was impressed by how gently the mountain lion responded to all the changes in his life.  It is as if he knew they were there to help him.
They worked very hard to bring him to safety. I hope he has many happy years ahead of him. After all the years in chains he deserves to life chain free for as long as possible.
Catherine

Mufasa seems to be a very unusual animal. Considering the hardship he has endured, and then all the fuss, travelling, people, moving him all over the place....he was so calm and well -disposed towards everyone, and relaxed. Yet he didn't look sedated.
He really seems to have known right from the start that they were there to help him. He accepts the help and cooperates with it all through the rescue. After all his years in chains Mustafa seems to have learned patience and acceptance.
Catherine