Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if dogs could talk?
Dogs do a lot of work for us and they understand a lot of what we say. They often have important information that they need to tell us, but have no way to talk.
This is important and they are working on technology to let dogs communicate with us.
I will let you watch the video. They explain it way better than I could.

http://www.wired.com/2015/12/talking-animals/

Could you imagine a service dog that could "talk". Even if the communication was limited it would make service dogs so much more effective.  I am sure dogs wish they could talk. 
The technology is still experimental and they are still perfecting it. However, once they start producing technology, the improvements will come. Some day dogs will be able to communicate  when they need to.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Haha! This would be SO interesting! It is actually a brilliant idea and well applied with service dogs.  
Cat-Human interactive video games??.......Humans have no chance! I would do it -but I certainly wouldn't do it for a bet!

I would have loved to have heard what Misty had to say to me, in plain English. We had our own way of communicating, and sometimes she would definitely surprise me with what she knew! But for the rest of the time I more or less understood the language she did use.
In a way I understand my reptiles even though they neither understand words nor speak them.

Dogs are different. This technology could open up a whole new level of dog human interaction. This would allow a dog to be understood by a stranger.  That is very different from the communication between bonded humans and dogs.

I can see how much it would help service dogs. I wonder how much more they can do to help dogs talk to us. Can you imagine really knowing what a dog is thinking?
Catherine

Yes, because of the technology, you wouldn't have to know the dog and his/her ways to communicate.

I would LOVE to know what a dog is thinking. I wouldn't mind what it was! Even if it was "leave me alone I want to sleep now." It would be quite amazing.

This technology is the dawn of something, I am sure.

I know there was the "Doctor Dolittle" movie -and that was such a good movie, but it would be great to have a new movie about talking dogs!
Actually I am starting to wonder....if we could really hear what they are thinking, how would that impact on our relationships with them? For some it would be wonderful. For some it would be like having a little brother or sister.

And woe betide if it is a Border Collie! Because they get obsessed. It would be "Throw that stick....yay!....got it.....throw it again....and again....and again......!" The human would have to work out how to say "Put a darned sock in it or I'm going to hire a psychoanalyst!"
Some dogs would be pretty funny if we could understand them.  In some cases knowing how much your dog loves you would be very touching. In some cases people might find out that the dog is smarter than them and knows it. There might be cases where the dog would ask to leave because he doesn't like the owner. 

We would be taking our chances if we let dogs talk to us. Do they look up to us or do the see us as idiots that they need to look after.
Catherine