Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheetah on the Lam
It seems that there is a Cheetah on the loose in British Columbia.  A motorist spotted it along the highway.

It is a big area, most of it wild. I don't know how they will ever find it. 

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/620275...s-to-help/

I don't know if a Cheetah could survive in the wilds of B.C.     It would be colder than the cat would like, but there would be rabbits to eat and cheetahs are good hunters.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-co...-1.3374152

At least they recognize that they can't really find an animal loose in that big an area. They think they know which Cheetah it is.
They just don't know hoe Annie Rose ended up in the mountains like that.

I wonder if we will ever know what happened to Annie Rose or will she become one of those mysterious big cats that are spotted from time to time.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes it will be cold for her up there. I don't know...can a Cheetah cope with cold weather? She should find food easily, but let's hope she doesn't go near any livestock of any kind or get shot by someone....
I feel sorry for this big cat. I hope nobody shoots her!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
It is pretty wild where she is so there may not be any livestock. There could be hunters though.  Certainly it would be cold for her. If she finds a sheltered spot she might be okay. There are hot springs in the mountains so there are warm places. I can't imagine how a cat like that could be found in such a vast area. There are hundreds of miles of mountains and valleys that she could roam.  If she got into one of the long valleys between mountain ranges she could do okay. 

I wonder if we will ever know?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine