Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
I haven't been here very much because I fell down the steps and hurt my ankle and broke my foot.  I am taking medicine and elevating my foot.  It is swelled really bad and bleeding inside badly.  I don't know why but that's what the doctor said.  I am wearing an aircast now.  I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks for more xrays.  The pain pills help with the pain. Smiley63

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I am sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. Your poor foot. You must really be in pain and it is going to take you weeks to recover.
A foot break can be a real problem to heal because you do still have to hobble around somehow and look after yourself and your animals.
I am glad to hear that you have an aircast. It should give you some mobility. Look after yourself and keep us posted.

We know you will be with us when you can.

[Image: t2514.gif]Good luck with the new cast and learning to walk again.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you.

I am just glad to know that you will be okay. It may take time, but your foot will heal.
Catherine

Oh dear, Ruth! I am sorry you have hurt your ankle! It will heal, just make sure you eat healthily, and rest it. Are you going to have physiotherapy after it has healed a bit more?
I hope 2016 brings you a good new foot! (or an original one that works well again!)
Yes, it will take some time to heal. Thanks Catherine and Tobi.

We all worry over each others health problems. 

A broken foot can really hurt and be a real inconvenience. Keep us posted on your progress.
Catherine

My foot is still quite swollen and is bleeding under the skin on my toes and ankle now. I made the cast more loose because it was hurting my foot the way it was. I inflated more air into the cast and that felt good. My neighbor friend is taking Suzy out for me and is going to do some grocery shopping and cleaning for me. I am paying him to do it, too. He has no income and is waiting to get on disability. He brought me a heat wrap for my foot today. I'm going to put it on tonight and see how that feels. He also brought me something to snack on. That was so nice of him. I'm glad he is available to me. Thank you all for your concern. It's going to take awhile to get better. Probably another 5 weeks.

You are having a rough time. I am glad you have someone who can help you.
I hope the heat wrap helps. At least you can adjust the cast. The old plaster casts were miserable. They were heavy and uncomfortable and you couldn't do anything with them. It still took just as long to heal. The foot bones are so fragile considering how much we depend on them.

I hope you can find some relief  and get some rest. You will be well eventually, but right now eventually seems like forever away.
Take care and keep us posted.
Catherine

I have been getting lots of rest, sleeping about 12 hours at night. I must need it. I have had to adjust this cast several times as it heals. The top of my foot is hurting now and very sensitive so I needed to loosen the top part of the cast and add some air. My foot looks pretty bad still. I can't wait to get this cast off.