Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
Well, he doesn't understand birds at all. Birds are kind of hard to understand because we don't always know why they do the things they do but I don't believe in calling any animal or human bad. Maybe some things they do might be considered bad but the person or animal itself are not bad. Yes, I know he realizes he upset me because he looked over at the birds and didn't say a word yesterday. I was glad for that. The new blanket is really nice and toasty to lay under. Smile

Today the back of my ankle is hurting badly. The doctor said my bone is chipped there. I have been walking around without my cast on and my foot hardly hurts but the ankle in back hurts now. Yes, time will go by fast even though it seems like it will take forever now. Thank you for your encouragement and understanding Catherine! Smile

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Unless you live with a bird you would not know why it does what it does. I don't see how anyone can judge a bird's behavior good or bad. It is a bird. It acts like a bird. There is no good or bad to it.

It is like the adoption form for getting a rescue guinea pig. One question is, what kind of behavior would be unacceptable to you in your pet. It is a guinea pig. What exactly is it going to be able to do other than regular guinea pig stuff.

I am glad you got a nice blanket from your friend. In the winter a warm blanket feels so good.

A chipped bone sounds like a problem. Will it heal better or worse than a straight break? Do you need to wear the cast more. Will that make it feel better.  You must be tempted to walk around without the cast as much as you can. Remember to elevate your foot and rest some of the time. It does sound like you are making progress. Take care and keep us posted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I feel the same way about pet behaviours, I tell my friend Danny is just acting like a bird. I don't think he does anything bad either. I think he is a wonderful bird for how he took care of Lucy while she was sick. He's the greatest in my estimation! Smile I have felt all my birds were great creatures just for being themselves.

I walked down 3 flights of stairs to the garage to go grocery shopping with my friend. He wanted me to go this week. I hurt the back of my ankle further and now I see that my leg is all bruised up, too. It looks pretty bad. I am having xrays taken again tomorrow and they will tell me what's up with it. I have to keep my cast on down the steps so I'm going to ask Jeff to help me get down them. I wasn't supposed to be taking my air cast off. They wanted me to even sleep in it and I'm not doing that but maybe I will tonight.

Please excuse some of the mistakes I make in what I am saying. I am on strong painkillers.

We all make mistakes when posting. Some of them are pretty funny.

Depending on the X-rays you will probably have to wear the cast all the time for a while. It will be annoying and uncomfortable, but in the end your foot should heal better.  Good luck with the x-rays. I hope the results are good.

I think Danny is a marvelous bird. I am just glad he has found love with another bird. He deserves it.
Catherine

I saw the doctor and got more xrays. This time they could tell for sure that I have a broken ankle and a broken bone in my foot. I have acchilles heal tendon damage too. So, he told me I'd be wearing the boot for at least 4 more weeks. The ankle is especially a bad break. He prescribed some more pain pills for me which I am grateful for. I guess I should just take this one day at a time and I'll get through these next weeks okay.

One day at a time and lots of rest.  If you can keep the bones immobilized with the cast, they will heal. Four more weeks isn't too bad. It is normal for a break like that.  Even the tendon should heal if you give it time.

I actually severed a tendon once. They had to surgically reconnect it. That was 52 years ago and my foot is fine. I have full movement and it doesn't bother me at all.

You will be healed and walking better by Valentines day. Winter will be gone soon enough after that and you will be walking normally and cast free before the hot weather hits.
Catherine

Yes, I hope to get out walking when it gets nice again. I want to go to the park in my city. They have done a renovation there I want to see. The doctor said I will have to go through physical therapy after the cast is off. Maybe because I can't move my ankle. It seems to be stuck but it is broken. Thanks for your encouragement!

After a bad break physio is often needed to restore full movement again. You need to keep your ankle immobile in a cast so it can heal, but that leaves the muscles weak and the ligaments get tight. First you heal and then you get things moving again. It must feel like a forever process.
You should be healed and walking just in time to enjoy the park. I am curious about what they have done to renovate it.

Look after yourself and get lots of rest. Rest is still the best healer.
Catherine

I have been resting a lot. They have made a place to sit and see the sunsets in a small stadium-like setting at the park near me. I haven't seen it yet but they had pictures up on the fence of what it's supposed to look like when it's done. I suppose it's covered in snow now so in the Spring I'll go see it.