Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
I am sorry you are going through all this, Ruth! What a start to the New Year! I hope that the rest of the year will bring you some brighter happier things.

Maybe Danny isn't a "bad bird" at all! Maybe Danny just doesn't like your friend! Animals don't feign politeness. And for some people, there is nothing worse than being disliked by a Creature! They sense that animals see deep down!

Danny could be being protective of you. They are not stupid, and sometimes they develop a strong bond with a caretaker of the opposite sex. Danny may view you as a kind of partner! (lol! but true!) He may be warning away male intruders! 

Statins, as far as I know can cause pain in muscles. But you don't take Warfarin or Heparin, or other 'clot busting drugs' do you for something else? Or eat huge amounts of garlic? They can cause bleeding and bruised looking patches.

Nettle tea, or Nettle soup (stinging nettles) can sometimes help, and is generally safe and not known for serious drug interactions. But mention it to your doctor first.

I'm sorry your foot is in a bad way. I hope it will heal soon.

1 jug-full of fresh nettle tops (picked with gloves on! LOL)....and chopped.
2 onions finely chopped.
2 good-sized potatoes also very finely cut. The 'floury' type of white potato is best, not new ones.
Black pepper
Favourite stock.

Fry the onions with the potato pieces in your favourite oil, until starting to turn brown, then add the stock, and the chopped nettles. Finally add black pepper -as much as you like. Or you can use cayenne pepper if preferred. Simmer 15 minutes, or until potatoes go soft. This can be put through a blender or eaten just as it is.....nice. And very cheap.

Messages In This Thread
Sorry I haven't been here much lately - by Ruth - 12-31-2015, 09:46 AM
RE: Sorry I haven't been here much lately - by Tobi - 01-10-2016, 02:11 AM