Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
You are welcome. I think we need to be there for each other. You have been very kind about me losing Tarragon. It is mutual support. It is tough having a break and going through the pain and the long healing process. I am glad you can take the cast off to sleep and shower. It gives you some relief from the cast. Even if it works, a cast is still no fun.

You probably needed the sleep. The body needs to heal on so many levels after an injury. The break is the obvious thing, but there would also be bruising and general jarring of everything depending on how hard you fell. It takes time and rest to get back to normal.

I fell two Christmases ago. I tripped on a rough sidewalk. Nothing seemed to be really damaged. I hit my face so there was a small cut and inside my mouth was bruised. It all healed fine.
It was a month before it became clear that I had torn my shoulder. It didn't show up at first because I was resting up until the bruises were gone.
It took months to get my shoulder back so I can use it properly. Now the other shoulder is strained because I had to over use it for so long.

Give yourself rest. You need it and it will make things heal faster.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Sorry I haven't been here much lately - by Ruth - 12-31-2015, 09:46 AM
RE: Sorry I haven't been here much lately - by Catherine - 01-16-2016, 04:09 PM