Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry I haven't been here much lately
Ruth, I am so sorry your knee is now bothering you as well. It seems like a case of "The thigh bone's connected to the hip bone..." and so on. Sometimes because of compensating for an injury, extra strain is put on another part of the body.
Alternating ice with heat in a compress round your knee might help a bit. I used to also get Comfrey Root, bring it to the boil, simmer 10 minutes, then get that into a poultice and keep it on until it got cold, and sometimes that helped heal things that were badly strained -especially ligaments.

Of course having a little doggy means you have to keep moving! (Gosh -do I remember?) In a way that is good. Most doctors nowadays tell you to keep gently on the move  -unless of course they tell you to REST!

I remember crawling about on the floor with bad sciatica. It was no fun. Eventually it did heal enough for normal life to come back.
I am sure you will be OK Ruth. You must be patient with your poor body, and things might get better soon. I hope so.

Anti-inflammatory gel can also help, but its effect is not as strong as taking the tablets. And keeping your knee strapped up and warm when outside.

Messages In This Thread
Sorry I haven't been here much lately - by Ruth - 12-31-2015, 09:46 AM
RE: Sorry I haven't been here much lately - by Tobi - 02-01-2016, 04:24 AM