Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benji, Zax, and the Alien Prince
I am so glad I found this series, from the early 1980s. It's about an Alien Prince who comes from another star system, Antares, and his "Droid", Zax. Benji (the dog) joins forces with them and helps them on many missions, and all the time they have to avoid two 'hunters' from Antares who have come to capture them.
There are 12 (I think) episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqBuKpcPeBU    (episode 1.)

Each episode is about 20 minutes long. It's supposed to be for kids, but I am hooked and have watched 10 episodes so far. It's real Laugh-out-loud in places!
That is so cute. I will probably end up watching the whole set of shows.

I love the little dog. He is so clever.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well, I did watch 13 episodes and wish there were more. When I watched the first one I wasn't sure....but then started to watch them all, and like the characters very much. I am going to miss them! Smiley4

If you watch very carefully, you can see how many subtle expressions are possible for Zax, the Droid! He really comes alive! I don't know how they managed that with just two eyeballs!

I heard the other day from a neighbour of mine who bred dogs, and some of them were used for filming -that there is always a vet on-set. And that the vet is very good about monitoring the welfare of the dogs, and will always direct the Director, whether the Director likes it or not. And a dog who is not suitable for that kind of thing is always pulled out of it. She had a couple of dogs who liked it all for about 20 minutes, and then didn't want to do it any more. They went home! But one or two of her dogs absolutely loved it.
I must say, that Benji looks happy enough.
The dog, or is it dogs, seemed to have fun. The dog got to run around outside and chase things. It sounds like a drean job for a dog.

I will watch all the episodes. It has a cuteness about it. I like the droid. He is a bit annoying, but he is also very talented.
This is an old show isn't it?
Catherine

When I have more time I will watch them. Thank you for sharing.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
We all need more time so we can watch shows.  I am way behind on Bondi vet as well.

There are just too many funny cat videos and puppy rescues to take up our time.
Catherine