Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very sad local news...
Completely different to that farmer I spoke of -today I saw my neighbouring farmer (where the black dog Jet used to live) -taking his cows for a 'walk'! They have to be in the barn during the winter, especially during these wet conditions, but through binoculars, I saw him take the herd up and down the big track, just to let them out and give them some exercise. And the cows looked like they were having such fun. It was a nice sunny day, rather spring-like.

I smiled, and felt a great deal of respect for what he was doing. Maybe it was only because they had to sluice down the shed....I don't know. But it was good to see that.

I will see what I can find out. I am upset about it and know that I have at least one supporter!

Strangely, the people at that farm where the 'factory conditions' are going to be were always nice to me too. Friendly, and let me and Misty track through their garden once when the roads were ice sheets. It is strange how people are. How they can be so decent, and yet so cruel at the same time. It is all about profit, and better yield, and 'running a business'etc. All about money. The cows are viewed as milk producing machines.

Yet what I can't understand is why they didn't decide to 'go Organic'. There is defintely a demand for Organic grass-fed dairy produce locally. Yeo Valley Farmers make a good living out of it.

Guess what? No mention of "animal welfare" or a veterinarian's report on the 58 Planning Application Documents related to the construction!
Concern of course over the loss of 3 apple trees, and a possible Dormouse habitat (which was circumvented by the building of tubes and tunnels -just in case.) Concern about the possiblity of a bat colony, but this wasn't discovered. No mention of the cows!

Messages In This Thread
Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-04-2016, 03:31 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Catherine - 01-04-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by LPC - 01-04-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Knight of Albion - 01-05-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-05-2016, 03:53 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-05-2016, 07:35 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Catherine - 01-05-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-06-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Ruth - 01-06-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Catherine - 01-06-2016, 06:04 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-07-2016, 03:28 AM