Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby Polar Bear--cuter by the minute
Cute Alert!
This little bear is just the cutest little girl you will ever see. Heart

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/01/05/toront...new-video/

She is really growing and filling out. 
Notice however how long her claws are. For a little lady she has some serious defence capabilities.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

She is a cutie pie. Yes she has some long claws there. I hope she will be okay.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think she is doing well. Toronto Zoo has raised two other newborns and three other orphans. They understand how to feed her.

I think I heard that they are injecting the baby with antibodies from the mother since she was unable to nurse her baby. They want the baby to develop a strong immune system.
Catherine

That's great that they know how to raise the bear. That's very important.

Several of the Canadian zoos have polar bear experience. They take in any orphans from the wild.
It is a little trickier to raise them from birth, but they have done that too.
Catherine

I'm so glad they have the experience to raise Polar Bears from birth.

Our  female Aurora is able to give birth, but so far she has not produced milk to feed her babies. This cub is her third surviving baby.  Hudson and Humphrey now both live at the Assiniboine Park Zoo in Winnipeg. Winnipeg has opened a whole arctic area to teach people about the north. I do want to visit there in a year or two.
Catherine