Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farewell to Tarragon
Thank-you.  Now she will be forever young and free. All the years I had her with me should looked the same. It was only in the last  few months I saw a change. It was hard to see her slow down and grow old.

Now I can think of her as a spry young lizard chasing crickets and basking in the sun. She was a love at first sight lizard. Skinks are my true reptile love. Snakes are a very close second.
She really was pretty. Her eyes matched her colouring and it was an attractive look.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Sounds like she was beautiful! It's so hard to lose a pet, I know.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I noticed two of the other lizards in her tank, sitting together. I have never seen them together before, but they both used to hang out with Tarragon. It was as if they were comforting each other. We all miss her.
Catherine

Animals grieve too and feel a lot of things we do.

I think Spencer, the pink tongued skink is very upset. He always ate with Tarragon at night. They shared the liquid gecko food. Spencer is being funny about coming out of hiding to eat. I think they all miss Tarragon. The little golden Skink looked very lonely tonight. She spent much of the daytime with Tarragon. I think each lizard had its own special relationship with her and now they are grieving.

I feel for them, but I just have to let them work it out. There is nothing I can do except be there and do what I normally do for them.
Catherine

Awwww, the poor skinks. Tarragon meant a lot to them and you, I know. There is a special place in our hearts for all of our pets. When they are gone eventually we learn to think of the memories of them. I always have memorial services for my pets when they pass. I put soft music on and lay them out on the coffee table and look at them for hours.

I will bury Tarragon in my garden in the spring. The ground is frozen now. I have a new shrub planting area where my lizards are buried. She can rest there in the peaceful shade and when the bush flowers I will think of her. Then I will watch birds feed on the fruit of the bush and know that Tarragon lives on in the world around us. Heart
Catherine