Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bowie
He was my favorite singer/artist for over 3 decades.  I loved him so.  It's so hard to see him go but his videos promoted grieving.  Look at the video Blackstar and this was also in the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
David Bowie was a unique performer. He will be missed. No one else has ever sounded like him or ever will. I can see why you liked him.  He was a real performer and he created his own sound.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

My respect and blessings for David Bowie. I think he will find the next dimension very interesting indeed!

He was a real trooper to make that last video, and work on "Lazarus" when he knew he didn't have very long to live, and must have been in some discomfort.

I heard a live concert by him once. At the Glastonbury Festival...I have forgotten which year. I didn't actually go to the festival as it is too hectic for me. But I live nearby, just over the hill from there, and when the wind is in the right direction I can hear the music clearly. I remember sitting in the garden listening to David Bowie sing! I could even hear some of the lyrics!
It would have been amazing to hear him in person. Even more amazing because you got to hear him for free.

He was obviously a dedicated performer. He knew his time was short and he finished his work before he died.

A number of famous people have died lately, most of them from cancer. I am beginning to wonder if it is a job hazard. I wonder if anyone keeps statistics.
Catherine

I saw Bowie twice in concert twice in the 70s. He made the best concerts and was the best I've ever seen. I feel honored to have seen him perform. He was an animal advocate, too, for the dolphins in Japan. I finally cried over his death. Something I needed to do. He was such a part of my music life. He made the last cd for all his fans and his family, too. What a sweet man he was. I heard he was very polite. He will be missed by so many.

Many of the stars are concerned about animals rights. I think I knew that about David Bowie, but I didn't know it was the dolphins in Japan specifically.

You were lucky that you got to see him in concert. Recorded music is good, but the live experience is so much more.
Catherine

This is really cool. A constellation of stars has been named after David Bowie:

http://www.psfk.com/2016/01/david-bowie-...atory.html

Here is another article about David Bowie:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...neral.html

Wow! A constellation named after David Bowie. He deserves it, but what an amazing honor.

They found a fitting tribute to him and his music.

Maybe they can send his ashes into space. I think he would like that.
Catherine

I didn't know that David Bowie was an advocate for the dolphins in Japan! That is interesting to learn, Ruth.

Catherine, cancer is very common, not only with humans, but with animals also. I have also heard that people who pass away at advanced age, and for some reason have to have an autopsy -in a large percentage of them (I have forgotten what -but it is high) -cancer is discovered, even though they didn't know they had it, and passed from something else.