Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bowie
I understand that cancer cells occur all the time and our immune systems take care of them. Our immune systems are not strong anymore so there are more people actually dying of cancer.

I have heard of cancer being found after the fact. In older people it can be very slow growing and so it doesn't effect their health.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

David Bowie also had 6 heart attacks in the last 10 years so he wasn't as strong as one could be. I don't know what caused his liver cancer but it is a very bad way to go. My uncle had liver cancer and died of it in the 70s. I have been crying about DBs death on and off. The world has lost a great man.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
(01-20-2016, 09:44 PM)Ruth Wrote: David Bowie also had 6 heart attacks in the last 10 years so he wasn't as strong as one could be.  I don't know what caused his liver cancer but it is a very bad way to go.  My uncle had liver cancer and died of it in the 70s.  I have been crying about DBs death on and off.  The world has lost a great man.
We have had some losses this year. There is no doubt that David Bowie was a unique performer who left his mark on the world.
It is the end of an era of music. He will be remembered though.
I really like that they named stars after him. That is very fitting.
Catherine

I ordered David Bowie's last album or rather cd. It's called Blackstar. The actual song Blackstar sounds like some kind of ritualistic funeral in my opinion. I can't watch the video any more. It was kind of scary to me. I should get the cd pretty soon. Then I'm going to have a night of playing Bowie music.

A night of his music would be a good way of remembering him.

When he did Blackstar he knew he was dying. I wonder if it really is a sort of funeral. It might have been his way of sharing his funeral with his fans.
Catherine

Here is Blackstar if you want to watch it. It touched me deeply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszLwBaC4Sw

Thank-you for the link.  I think I will watch it in the morning. The neighbours might not be happy if I play something this late at night. Smiley4
Catherine

I just watched it again. It's kind of a dark video imho. I didn't have it on loud and my neighbors were probably sleeping still.

I worked late tonight so I will listen to it tomorrow when my neighbours are not sleeping. I am curious to see it now.
Catherine