Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bowie
Did you watch/listen it yet? Upon watching it a few more times it was less scary to me. David had a wild imagination! There is a video on youtube about his life and career that takes some time to watch but I will try to find it and post it here. It really helped me to know him better.

I just found it. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlmuuQBM4Gs

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Blackstar is complex. I am going to need to watch it again and probably again and again. He was clearly aware of his own death being very near.

I started watching the story about his life, but I won't have time tonight. I would rather watch it straight through than watch it in pieces.

David really did love the dolphins. He set it up so The Cove could use his song for very little cost. It is sad that he is gone so soon.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, it's sad that he died. I have heard that he was not ready to die. He was struggling to keep alive and do things he wanted to get done. I did hear that he let them have the song Heroes for 3000.00 instead of 25,000.00 that songs usually cost.

I think he was very much commited to living and fought the cancer, but sometimes the body fails before the spirit is ready to go.
I understand that he pushed to finish music before he died. I think there should be albums coming out that we haven't heard yet. That is what I read anyhow.

The was good of him to release heroes like that. It allowed them to use it in a movie that is for a good cause.

In many ways David Bowie is still alive with us. As long as his music lives, he lives.
Catherine

Yes, his spirit is in his music. I have gotten over the shock of him being gone now. Never knew his health was so bad. Cancer is an awful thing, my mom died of it, too.

I think he had a fast growing cancer and he didn't tell to many people about it.

I am sorry to hear about your mother dying of cancer. That is rough. I think all of our lives have been marked by cancer. They have done so much to treat it, but there are still forms that we cannot stop.
Catherine

Yes, some cancer kills quickly. I wonder if DB had advanced cancer when it was discovered. Have you watched the life and career of DB yet? I thought it really showed a lot about him. He was a good actor more than anything. His music was really good too and he wrote a lot of it. Thanks about my mom. She died of breast cancer.

Here is the acoustic version of David Bowie doing Heroes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBiiFplMWls

I am going to have to wait until Sunday to watch it. There was a glitch in my work schedule and I will have to work Saturday to fix it. I do home care so it has to be done.
Catherine

Are you a Home Health Care person? I thought about doing that, too.