Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye little Trixie
January and February are difficult months for pet losses.

I have lost my little baby Bearded Dragon Trixie. She was the tiny one and she was not a good eater. I even brought home two other beardie babies to encourage her. It seemed at first that it might work and then she seemed to give up. The other two have grown and Trixie seemed to shrink. Special hand feeding just wasn't enough. She just seemed to fade away and one morning she was dead when I checked on her.

Pretty as she was, she was just not meant to be.  She was the tiny one in her clutch and I guess there was a reason.
Rest in Peace little one. Your life was short, but it was a good one and you were loved.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm so sorry for your loss of Trixie. For some reason some of our pets don't live very long. I have experienced it, too, and it is heartbreaking. I had a bird that died of kidney failure at a young age.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
(01-20-2016, 03:19 PM)Catherine Wrote: January and February are difficult months for pet losses.

I have lost my little baby Bearded Dragon Trixie. She was the tiny one and she was not a good eater. I even brought home two other beardie babies to encourage her. It seemed at first that it might work and then she seemed to give up. The other two have grown and Trixie seemed to shrink. Special hand feeding just wasn't enough. She just seemed to fade away and one morning she was dead when I checked on her.

Pretty as she was, she was just not meant to be.  She was the tiny one in her clutch and I guess there was a reason.
Rest in Peace little one. Your life was short, but it was a good one and you were loved.
So sorry for your loss.
I am really sorry about your loss of little Trixie, Catherine.

"Your life was short, but it was a good one and you were loved."

That is probably one of the things she came here for. To experience that love and care, and to move others' hearts.
Bless her little Soul Heart
(01-21-2016, 04:01 AM)Tobi Wrote: I am really sorry about your loss of little Trixie, Catherine.

"Your life was short, but it was a good one and you were loved."

That is probably one of the things she came here for. To experience that love and care, and to move others' hearts.
Bless her little Soul Heart
Thank-you. Your kind words mean a lot. It was hard when I realized that Trixie was not going to make it.

She was precious and pretty and I am glad she was with me for her brief life. If I had known she would die so young, I would have chosen her so that I could give her the best life possible. So maybe something in me knew to choose her so she could be loved and remembered.  
The other two will grow up, but Trixie will always be my baby beardie.
Catherine

She sounds adorable. I had a cat named Maude who was so sweet and adorable too and I still miss her after 20 years. Not a day goes by I do not think of Maude. They become family to us and leave their paw prints on our hearts forever. So very sorry for your loss. When you feel ready please share some of your special memories of her. Sandy B
I still remember my cat who died in 1979. I will be doing something and think of how he would like it. Part of me will never believe he is gone.

Sadly little Trixie lived so short a time that she left very few memories. She was perky and cute and was small enough to sit on my hand. That first night I brought her home she surprized me by running across the table. I have never had a beardie that wasn't a rescue because of injuries. She is the first beardie I ever had that could run across the table. I will always cherish that moment of surprise and delight.
Catherine

That's a real nice memory you have of her. It's those moments we keep like little treasures. I know you must have so many memories of so many pets. Know you cared for her the best you could and better than most would. I applaud you for all you did for her and she knew you really cared and that's what really matters.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]