Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Squirrels in the snow
It seems that squirrels are great at hiding nuts, but not so good at finding them once it snows.
The squirrels in the video are a long eared variety so they look even funnier.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/animal-stories-...w/37522502

I would love to see squirrels with ears like that. You would think they would find better places to hide their nuts. After all they know enough to hide them, why wouldn't they know enough to hide them in good places.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

They are so cute with those long ears. I suppose all the ground looks the same when it's under the snow so it's really difficult to remember where you left your stash. At least one of them seemed to be finding something, I hope it was his own stash!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I've never seen a squirrel with long ears! We have all sizes and colors of squirrels here. I've seen some recently climbing the tree I can see out my back window. I haven't seen any out in the snow like the one in the video.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
We don't have squirrels like that. The video is from northern Europe east of Germany. I am not familiar with the species. Our own squirrels are pretty funny, but the ears make them so much funnier.
Catherine

Yeah, the ears sure are different than the ones here. I have seen squirrels as big as a medium size dog here at the park one year. I couldn't believe how big it was!

Right now all of our squirrels are chubby. They had such a long fall that they just kept on eating instead of hibernating.

I would love squirrels with ears like that.
Catherine

Yeah, I've seen some chubby ones and tall ones who are chubby too. About a two feet high, I'm not kidding.

This has been a good year for bigger squirrels. I really would love to see squirrels with big ears. They would look so cute on the new chubbier squirrels.
Catherine

Yeah, that would be really cool to see those big eared squirrels.

They look like rabbit ears stuck on a squirrel. It is very funny. Smiley4
Catherine