Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create Biodiversity in your garden
These are great tips for doing something good for your garden that benefits local animal life.
Gardens benefit everyone. The birds and insects will thank you for every food source you give them.
Your garden will also be a source of beauty and peace.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I have tried to make my garden, front and back a place for nature to live and breath. I have a small pond and it creates a cool spot. I have trees and bushes that feed birds and insects. Now that I have my garden growing, it requires less care and less water than the grass it replaced. So, for a bit of work setting it up, I have beauty and harmony with nature and I have to do is enjoy it.
Of course I keep planting more things. I can always sneak in another tree or bush or maybe some more wildflowers..
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

We have a wild garden, more through lack of effort on our part than anything else! But the upside is that we have a wealth of wildlife visiting us regularly. We are in a rural area and see all sorts of birds and mammals passing through our "plot". Also amphibians and grass snakes and the insect life is abundant.
We have no where to put a pool, but I grew up with a fish pond and the dragonflies were always magnificent, so I have always hankered for a pool here, but there really isn't anywhere suitable.
Never mind, if we do move then maybe the new place will have a pool!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I live in an apartment complex and don't have a garden. The landlord planted new shrubs around the buildings this past summer. We aren't allowed to plant anything here.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Sometimes a wild garden is the most fun. Things come up and you do not know where they came from. 
I have a small pond, about 45 gal. It is just enough to give the garden a refreshing feel.

If you move you must look for a place with just the right garden. Seeing all the birds and other wildlife is one of the joys of a garden.

Ruth, I know what it is like to not have a garden to grow things.  Do you have a balcony. Lots can be grown on a balcony.
Even if you don't you can still grow a few things inside by the window. You would have a very miniature garden, but it would still be something fresh and growing.
Catherine

No, I don't have a balcony. I had a plant growing in the bathroom window but it died when I had to have the heat up really high when Lucy was sick. That is about the only window I can have plants because all the other windows have drafts. I used to have a garden at one place I lived, it was a butterfly garden!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I love a butterfly garden. There is something special about watching butterflies. I never get tired of it.

Have you tried a spider plant in your bathroom. They are pretty tough and they are great air purifiers.  Golden pothos is pretty indestructible as well.  I can't grow much inside either so I know how hard it is.

I am doing a garden for my local animal shelter. Is there any where near you that could use your gardening help.
Catherine