Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maude my cat...
I don't think that was a divergence, LPC. You were trying to assist Sandy with uploading pictures.

There is also another option Sandy.

You could use a free "photo host" online.

Here is one....
http://postimage.org/register.php

Register with them, then follow directions to upload pictures from your computer to the site. It is quite easy to do (or I couldn't do it! LOL)

Once they are all uploaded to that site, when you want to add a picture here, click on the icon "insert an image" in the top menu bar above the box where you post. (It looks like a tv screen with a little circle at the bottom right.)
A box will come up with the URL you need to enter.
Now to get that, go back to postimage.org, click on "My images", and then click on the option beneath your displayed picture, which indicates "show codes".

Click on "HOTLINK FOR FORUMS 2"

It 'copies to clipboard' instantly. So all you need to do is then enter that into the little box on this forum (which is asking for a URL) by pressing CTRL+V on your keyboard. Then click on 'insert' beneath. Your picture should come onto your post full sized. If that doesn't work, go back to postimage.org and instead click on "Hotlinks For Forums 1". (and do the same again to get the pic on here.)

But I must admit -most of the time that works fine when I do it...but sometimes, something goes weird and it won't work. Never mind. It's worth a try.
Thank you so much but my computer skills are very basic. I only learned computer surfing the web after the brain operation in 2001. At 78 years old I am very limited also with stroke damage to the processing area of the brain from the 2000 year. I only get one in four new messages. Same intelligence but after a year of speech therapy I learned to compensate I can only process so much without becoming overwhelmed. So I ask please be patient with this older lady . Try not to expect too much from me please. I am in a facility for totally disabled people. All my close family is deceased and I am alone but I have a wonderful caring church family for moral support only. They visit, call me,write, invited me for Thanksgiving and Christmas etc. We are the largest Roman Catholic Church in the state of Virginia membership and I am blessed to be a very active member.. I love my church so much. They spoil me with love and caring. They send a car just for me if our church bus does not come for some reason. I am blessed. So... I want you to know why you are all fine but I really need your understanding of my special situation, challenges. Sincerely,
Sandy B
Nice to know you Sandy, I'm glad that you have such a wonderful support system.

Lovely memories of Maude, hopefully we'll get to see photos of her.
I'm so glad that you joined this forum, Sandy. We have people of all ages from all over the world. I'm pleased to hear that you have such good support from your local church. Feeling a sense of belonging is important.
Sandy B, you are doing really well. Learning the computer when you are older is a challenge. I am not too computer smart either, but with practice I have learned.

I did the things I knew how to do. I took my time learning new things like posting pictures. I can do it now, but I don't always understand all the details.

Thank-you for joining our Forum. We like to have members from all backgrounds who love animals and like to talk about them.

I am glad you have a good support network. It makes dealing with disabilities so much easier, not that it is ever easy.

Thank you LPC and Tobi for all the picture posting information. I couldn't have explained it better, in fact I doubt I could have explained it. All this time I didn't know pictures could be posted as attachments.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine