Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maude my cat...playing softball true story...
Maude my cat was always at my side as often as possible from 6 weeks old.   She was now about a year old and watched the neighborhood boys play softball with me.   The boys were about 5 years old and I got them a Dollar Store plastic bat and all rubber softball set.   One day after about 6 games together I pointed to 3rd base and said, "We do not have a 3rd baseman.".    Maude left my side and went over and set on 3rd base.  I said,  "Maude wants to play ball ."  She did.  She would only leave 3rd base to lay out on the ball  when it came to her area of the field until one of us took it from under her.  The boys would now knock on our door and  ask me if Maude could come out to play ball with them?  She would run out ahead of us and sit on 3 rd base and wait for us.  A true story... Sandy B
I love it! What an amazing cat. You were so lucky you found each other. Who else would have thought of playing softball with a cat. You had quite a life together. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How can cats be that smart? I was shocked. Maude watched every move we made for several weeks and then Maude just knew what to do. The fire department had to rescue Maude but that is for another story about precious Maude.
Oh Sandy -that is quite an amazing story! She knew what she was doing -you bet! Isn't that just incredible? That is a cat who has played softball before. I honestly think they know a lot more than many people give them credit for.
Bless her -dear Maude Heart
Wonderful that you wrote a story about your Misty. I will read your story and thank you for sharing your information with us. More later but I must go now. Sandy B
Maude was very clever to figure the game out. I think cats are naturally that clever, but I think they seldom join in our games. It is exceptional that a cat  joined a game like that.

Misty is quite a dog. You will enjoy reading about her.
Catherine

That is wonderful about Maude. Wow, is she ever a smart cat. I love cats. I've had many of them in my life, too. Thanks for sharing that!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I feel like we get to meet a pet when people share stories like that. Thank-you for letting us meet Maude.
Catherine

That's a great story, Sandy. Maude clearly wanted to join in the fun. Do you have any more stories about her?