Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegan Recipes
Here are some more vegetarian recipes. That's what they said they are at least, they are meatless:

http://ohmyveggies.com/how-to-make-almos...-meatless/

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Just thought I'd let everyone know I tried the vegan alternative to cheese and I love it. It's pretty expensive for a pkg. of it and you don't get all that much. It's non dairy. The brand is called Follow Your Heart and it's made by Earth Island in California.

That is a very good link.  I have already been using Portobello mushrooms as burgers. I gently sauté the caps in margarine and then stick them together with hummus, add a bun and some sauce, lettuce or whatever you fancy  and it is a real burger treat. I suppose a few fries would add to the fun. I did a salad. I could do both.

The link had a lot of good ideas for recipes we already use.  I made "meatballs" from chickpeas. I am sure there are many ways we can still eat our old favourite meals, but without the meat.  It is worth trying.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I want to try that combo of eating portobello mushroom and hummus. Sounds so delicious!

The Portobello burgers are really good. You use the kind of bun you like and the various condiments you like. Lettuce or tomato slices or even pickles would be good. I use what I like on the "burger"  and it is a treat.  I think a few fries would be a nice touch or some hash browns.
It would work on the BBQ in the summer.

Portobello mushrooms are really satisfying. I suspect they could be sliced and used in a stir fry. Chopped into a lentil/bean loaf they would give it a richer more savoury flavour.

I haven't even tried the other kinds of mushrooms I can get.
Catherine

How has your diet been going Catherine and everyone?

I eat far less cheese now and never drink milk. I haven't had

any meat for awhile either. I have to start learning how to

eat just enough food for fuel instead of overdoing it.

I have a couple of vegan recipes that I am comfortable making and of course I make hummus. Now I need to add more recipes and try more foods and cooking styles.
A permanent change takes time. I am learning new sources of different nutrients. I am taking Vit B12 regularly   and I feel better and have more energy.

I am eating very little meat, but I am still eating dairy products. That will take longer to replace. I need to be sure I am getting what I need to be healthy. I haven't had time to work on vegan baking, but I think it will be fun to try.
Catherine