Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegan Recipes
All your food choices sound so yummy! Smile I love potatoes; sweet and unsweet. I like to boil them with carrots together and put some butter on them and a little salt.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I make black-eye bean curry and chips (you call them fries, we Brits call them chips) That is a lovely dinner.

Cut white potatoes into small-ish pieces about 1/4" thick and boil in slightly salted water until turning a bit soft. Drain, and return to a low heat shaking them about to get them dry. If they are dry they will brown easier.
Cooking should only take about 10 minutes.
Grease a baking tray or tinfoil tray with some of your favourite oil. Not too much. Tip the potato pieces in, and make sure they are coated in the oil. Then cook at the top of the oven (about 200-230 degrees) until going crispy and brown. That might take about 20 minutes or so.

Fry chopped onion and garlic in alittle oil until starting to brown. Add as much of your favourite curry powder as you like, and stir it for only a minute then add canned tomatoes, and the drained canned black eye beans (1 can will make enough for 2 people) You can add as much of the tomato as you like.....a little, or a lot. A little salt depending on how much you like. Simmer 10 minutes.

This is nice on its own or with a green salad.
(02-14-2016, 10:43 AM)Tobi Wrote: I make black-eye bean curry and chips (you call them fries, we Brits call them chips) That is a lovely dinner.

Cut white potatoes into small-ish pieces about 1/4" thick and boil in slightly salted water until turning a bit soft. Drain, and return to a low heat shaking them about to get them dry. If they are dry they will brown easier.
Cooking should only take about 10 minutes.
Grease a baking tray or tinfoil tray with some of your favourite oil. Not too much. Tip the potato pieces in, and make sure they are coated in the oil. Then cook at the top of the oven (about 200-230 degrees) until going crispy and brown. That might take about 20 minutes or so.

Fry chopped onion and garlic in alittle oil until starting to brown. Add as much of your favourite curry powder as you like, and stir it for only a minute then add canned tomatoes, and the drained canned black eye beans (1 can will make enough for 2 people) You can add as much of the tomato as you like.....a little, or a lot. A little salt depending on how much you like. Simmer 10 minutes.

This is nice on its own or with a green salad.

Thank you!  That sounds really good.  I happen to love potatoes.  Just went out and bought a 5 pound bag of them.  I'll try the recipe.

That chips recipe sounds really good. It would be easy to do and better than deep frying.

I haven't cooked with black eyed beans. I can get cans of them easy enough and very cheap. I will have to try it. With the chips and a few other veggies it would be a tasty meal. I bet I could freeze the second helping for another time.

I have looked at the cans of black eyed beans and hesitated to buy then because I wasn't sure what to do with them.

Maybe I should buy a can of everything and see what I can make with them. I am sure there are recipes for everything I can buy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Does anyone like avacado sandwiches? I bought some avacado and I slice it in half and dig out all the avacado. I put it on rye bread and have a big slice of red onion over that and then a slice of swiss cheese and some mayo. It's very tasty! Smile

Yes I like Avocado sandwiches! I mash up the avocado, add a little salt and pepper, and a small amount of chopped garlic, and have that with some salad leaves on seed bread. Raw onion is another good option too. Avocado is so good for you.
I used to like Mayonnaise, but I am not keen on the vegan kind. But I think I have gone off Mayo for some reason because I tried a little of the ordinary one a few weeks ago and didn't enjoy it like I used to. I used to like egg Mayo sandwiches with watercress.
(02-24-2016, 09:21 AM)Tobi Wrote: Yes I like Avocado sandwiches! I mash up the avocado, add a little salt and pepper, and a small amount of chopped garlic, and have that with some salad leaves on seed bread. Raw onion is another good option too. Avocado is so good for you.
I used to like Mayonnaise, but I am not keen on the vegan kind. But I think I have gone off Mayo for some reason because I tried a little of the ordinary one a few weeks ago and didn't enjoy it like I used to. I used to like egg Mayo sandwiches with watercress.

I have a heart healthy mayo.  It's lower in calories.  I don't have it much any more, though.  Yes, avacado is very good for us.

Avocado is good for you.

The best mayo is the one you make yourself. I don't know how they make the lower calorie kinds and I do not know what is in eggless mayo.  I should look for a recipe.  If you get cage free eggs you should be able to make a good mayo. It is so light and fluffy. I will look for my recipe and post it. You can season it the way you like it. I always add the lemon juice because it tastes so much better.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I don't know how to make home made mayo. The low cal. one has canola oil in it along with eggs and a lot of other things.

Smile 
Navy Bean Veggie Soup

1 large can of diced tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes chopped

1 large turnip or 3 small ones chopped

10 baby carrots chopped

3 onions chopped

1 can tomato sauce

salt

pepper

garlic

4 large celery stalks shopped to the size you like

1 pound bag of navy beans

Put 6 to 8 cups of water in a large pot along with the navy beans, bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes.  Then take them off the heat and let them set covered for 1 to 4 hours.

Drain beans and put them back in large pot and cover with water to half the pot.  Add tomato and tomato sauce and herbs and spices

Bring to a boil and turn to medium heat and let simmer for 1 hour.  Add all the veggies and cook for 10 more minutes.

I cooked this in a really large soup pot and am going to freeze some, too.

Enjoy. Heart